Executive Presence and You Webinar Content
The content below was prepared for my webinar on Executive Presence. If you attended, I hope you enjoyed our time together and that you are excited about learning more. If you did not, this information will be equally valuable.
Executive Presence is a topic that continues to intrigue. Using the webinar outline, I have included below links to some of the information you heard.
All the content below is copyrighted. All material listed below without authorship is from this website. Participants in my Executive Presence Badge Program gain the right to use and share with their own audiences all my original EP content such as surveys, observation tools, e-books and other premium content.
What is Executive Presence?
- The Bates Model of EP:
- Center for Talent Innovation Model:
Why is EP important?
- Trust and Authenticity
- Executive Presence is Critical to Your Success
- How You Can Become More Powerful by Literally Standing Tall by Adam Galinsky and Li Huang
- Micro-expressions by Patryk Wezowski and Kasia Wezowski. The site includes a fascinating test of your ability to read micro-expressions. Click Take the Free Test to see how well you can read micro-expressions. (Full disclosure: After viewing their TedTalk and exploring their research, I developed a limited affiliation with this organization. I believe their work is worthwhile and the products I have seen are useful for learning to read micro-expressions.)
How do I enhance Leadership Presence?
- Simple Bates Model Executive Presence Assessment (You can download and use this tool for self-assessment or for observation of others.)
- Executive Presence: Do You Make These Six Self-Defeating Mistakes?
- Do you have Executive Presence? 10-Question Survey
- Executive Presence Learning Plan is the plan participants in my EP Digital Badge Program use as they enhance their own EP or as they work with other developing leaders. (You can download and use this learning plan.)
- Developing Executive Presence article by J. Ehrlich in Harvard Business Review
- Seeking Authenticity...and the path to true happiness by Mel Schwartz in Psychology Today explores what it means to be authentic
- The Authenticity Paradox by Herminia Ibarra in Harvard Business Review includes a very good discussion about authenticity for leaders
- Why Mindfulness Matters includes suggestions for being mindful
- Leadership is Also About Lightness
- Practice Playing High and Playing Low provides suggestions for work with Deborah Gurenfeld's interesting video on Playing High and Playing Low. Other opportunities for practicing the Six Positions of Power and Influence included in the Executive Presence Toolkit shown below.
Where can I get more information?
- Book list…
- Connect: Affective Leadership for Effective Results by Lyn Boyer
- Executive Presence: The Missing Link Between Merit and Success by Sylvia Ann Hewlett
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Primal Leadership by Daniel Goleman
- Lead with Authenticity by Gary Ostwald
- The Power of Presence: Unlock Your Potential to Influence and Engage Others by Kristi Hedges
- Email questions to email@example.com
WANT TO BE AN EP PRO?
Take a look at THESE opportunities.
OPEN OUR EXECUTIVE PRESENCE TOOLKIT
Become an Executive Presence Expert with our Online EP Toolkit self-study program. The EP Toolkit includes all the information I have discussed and much more. It is an invaluable resource for leaders, their coaches and professional developers.
The EP Toolkit includes:
- EP Case Studies
- My E-book on Leadership Presence
- My Six Positions of Power and Influence with practice activities
- EP Resources including articles, assessments, audio-visual and practice activities
The most complete collection of EP content you will find.
CLICK HERE to learn more.
EARN YOUR EXECUTIVE PRESENCE DIGITAL BADGE
The Leadership Options EXECUTIVE PRESENCE BADGE PROGRAM includes access to all the valuable content in the EP Toolkit PLUS personalized coaching AND the opportunity to earn your Leadership Options EP Digital Badge with a guided Executive Presence project of your choice.
In this program you will have a committed learning partner to help you expand your own leadership presence OR learn to work more effectively with leaders to enhance their presence.
Take advantage of this valuable opportunity.
CLICK HERE to learn more.
PERSONALIZED CAREER AND LEADERSHIP COACHING
As a participant in this webinar, you can request one free 30-minute coaching session to discuss your unique path. If you like the direction you are taking, you can enroll in our career coaching program as space permits.
Your coach will partner with you to analyze challenges and expand your possibilities. Using our Ontological coaching model, your coach will actively listen, ask powerful questions, share valuable insights and cheer you on to greater success.
Whether you are looking for a new path or want to perfect the path you are on, coaching will provide you with the support and confidence to enhance your skills and become the best you can be.